9 December 2015

The 12 Crafts of Christmas – No. 3: Origami Star Decorations


For the third of my 12 Crafts of Christmas, I'm sharing this fantastic origami star project with you. I learned this craft when visiting my Stockist Masashi Ogawa at Decoraeight in Japan earlier this year! I found the whole thing so fascinating that I invited Mr Masashi to run a workshop at the Open Day I held for my Stockists in Oxford in the Summer.


I love how Stockists from all over the world have taken this skill home with them, to share, develop and continue making the shapes and painting them in beautiful and interesting ways – I've seen so many different takes on the project! The image above is from Carte Blanche Upcycled Furniture – Stockists in New Brunswick, Canada. They used Chalk Paint® to create beautiful colour and textures, and once waxed they look just like they've been made from tin – it's really quite incredible!

My Stockists have provided a few ways of displaying and using the stars around the home. Try hanging them from the ceiling (like Cherrybeans), or hang them in the window (like Auberge des Rêves , maybe pop one star on the top of your Christmas tree (like 't Bakhuus, binnen- en buitendecoaratie) or you could even plant a succulent in to the centre, and use the star as a planter (see Farbe Verzaubert's project).



   

Thinking about trying this project at home? Remember to share your pictures with me!

Yours, Annie


Follow #12CraftsofChristmas on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

10 comments:

  1. I can not find instructions to do the star....am I being blind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which colours did you use for the photographed stars please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No directions? I would love to try

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto! I'd love to try, but I'd need the star pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Need a link to the pattern. They are really lovely and we all want some but I have googled and none look the same as these. Please,please we need the pattern ...I am sure your paint sales will skyrocket if we all start making these...and what wonderful gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think maybe it's this
    http://www.origami-instructions.com/easy-modular-5-pointed-star.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love these stars!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This video shows how to create the 5 point star.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWeDM8kdgho

    ReplyDelete
  9. Overall, this article contains some great tips for decorating and updating your home for the new season. Clean windows can make a big difference in the overall look of your home and let in more natural light, which can help boost your mood and energy levels. I would recommend hiring this professional window cleaning service and leaving more time for creativity.

    ReplyDelete